Wednesday, June 08, 2005

How Last Week's Tragedies Transformed My Commitment to Fun

Last week, one of the pioneers of internet marketing -- Corey Rudl -- died in a racing car accident. Corey was in his early 30's, recently married, and seemed to have everything a guy could ever want.

I didn't know Corey well, I mean, I just went to his wedding extravaganza with 500 other people, but what I did know is that this guy had a HUGE impact on the lives of millions of people. He was setting the pace for innovation and creativity in internet marketing.

I admittedly felt a pang of loss for his wife, his family, his friends and for a community that followed his lead. Corey will be missed.

On top of that, my 8 year old nephew decided to test the laws of physics by driving his bike at lightening speed down a hill in his neighborhood. As he turned to taunt his much slower friend, he did a face plant into a big truck. My nephew crushed his ribs, got a concusion, and stopped breathing twice. Luckily, after a few days in intensive care, he is on the mend.

After realizing I wasn't going to have to get on a plane to Connecticut to be with my family, all of my priorities began to shift in my head. Things can change in an instant. Family and friends won't always be here. My commitment to connection, freedom and fun can't be sacrificed in the name of "being busy."

You see, I've been working non-stop for the last couple of years. I've been on a mission to create the products and services my fellow entrepreneurs need to make more money, create the prestige they dream about, and truly experience REAL FREEDOM. And to me, work is like play. But lately I've been craving more fun.

So last week, that is what I did. I went on a fun binge. I took the whole week off (almost) then went on a cruise to Mexico for 4 days. I had fun on the dance floor, fun playing cards, fun talking with friends and fun walking around by the ocean. I laughed a lot, played a lot, and enjoyed the company of people who I love and adore.

The interesting thing is....

I made more money last week on vacation than I did all month! I had sales coming in online, I had people wanting to book consultations with me, my assistant could barely keep up with everything! It's almost as if by making a commitment to relax, rejuvinate and experience more freedom that I was sending the Universe a sign that I am ready to create more wealth!

Not only that but as I was waiting in line to board the ship I put the finishing touches on a major deal that will net me thousands and thousands of dollars!

Well, I'm not going to fight it! I'm renewing my commitment to experience more fun, more freedom and more timee off! Wanna join me in this commitment? I've got some fun things I'll be sharing with you soon. In the meantime, schedule a Breakthrough Session with me and we will find 3 ways to create more freedom in your life NOW! Email assist@successconnections.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home