Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What I Learned from Mark Victor Hansen's Mega Book Expo

This last weekend I spent 3 days with over 600 people and some very famous authors in Los Angeles. The funny thing was, I almost didn't go. But what I realized is that everytime I attend an event like this my life expands exponentially.

In addition to some great pictures (see below), here are my top 5 tips for attracting "mega success:"

1. It really does matter who you surround yourself with. MVH always says "you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most." I agree. Three years ago I didn't even know any of these people. Last weekend I rubbed elbows with people like Jack Canfield, David Bach and MVH himself. When you surround yourself with big thinkers, you will think big too.

2. Be clear about your desired outcomes. I went to this event to attract new clients to my Mastery of Success Mentoring program, invite people to the Shared Vision Network luncheon in L.A., and to have fun. I left with the title of my upcoming book, a contact who will help me write it, 2 new clients, a new JV partner for the Unstoppable Goals Method teleclasses, and loads of new friends.

3. Be a magnet of success. I am very clear that a big part of my success at these events is that my mind and my body emanate success. I dress well, I smile a lot, and I make people feel good. They want to know me because I'm emanating what they want.

4. Add value first. Being someone who runs a professional organization for entrepreneurs, I always say, develop lifetime value contacts. At events like this I am always looking to help someone else out -- solve problems, open doors to a contact they need, provide a resource, etc. At this event, it just so happened that one of the speakers (and one of my best friends) had her car stolen the morning the event started. She was very overwhelmed and had to replace a lot of the stuff she needed for the event. It was just a natural reflex to help her plan out how to get everything back -- and just be there for her.

5. Get to know others. I mean really, truly, get to know them. Ask someone out for dinner or breakfast. Sit with people you don't know. Be curious about who they are and what they do. 90% of the "big wins" I've had in my business came from a contact I met at an event like this. One of my book deals even came from a big event like this.

The bottom line is it pays to invest in these types of conferences. Every single person I met raved about the huge payoffs they received. Every wealthy entrepreneur I know invests between $5 and $20k every year in education and seminars. Learn from the masters...

As a matter of fact...we've got another opportunity right around the corner in Irvine, CA, May 20 - 22 at the Small Business Marketing Summit. I'll be among 10 other really powerful speakers who will teach us how to take our businesses to the next level. And I've got some really great opportunities for you too....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home