Monday, October 30, 2006


The Power of Meeting Your Mentor

Last year I had the priviledge of meeting not just one, but TWO, mentors who completely transformed my life over fifteen years ago.

I was one of the speakers at the MegaSpeaker Expo in Orange County, CA. It's a great event for anyone learning to be or ready to take their speaking career to the next level. I was one of the breakout speakers...this is me with Mark Victor Hanson, co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, on stage!

On stage with Mark Victor Hanson at Mega Speaker.

But for me, the highlight, was being able to meet these two women. First is Barbara DeAngelis, author of many books, one of which I read over 20 years ago that totally changed my life. I learned so much about relationships from reading her books. Barbara was so REAL and we spent quite a bit of time connecting and talking. I was very impressed with her presentation -- she outsold every other main stage presenter! And she focused on her truth, her core message, which is about "love!" Shows how powerful anyone can be when they stay in integrity with their truth.

Barbara DeAngelis and myself at
Mega Book in Orange County, CA.

My other amazing connection was from another long term mentor -- Sam Horn, author of Tongue Fu. Way back when I was at Motorola, Inc., my mentor gave me her book to help me deal with some difficult people in my client base. It was very eye-opening! Imagine how exciting it was for me to be able to tell her how much of an impact she had on my life back in the beginning. I was even more grateful when she showed up at my breakout session! Sam has some very clever programs and books, especially helpful when naming new programs.

Sam Horn, author of Tongue Fu and myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home