Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What about your Pets?

Do you have pets that inspire you in your work? Do you often refer to your pets as a way to help people know who you are beyond your work?

The other day I was speaking at an event where the emcee asked if I had pets. He asked me "What is something unusual about them?"

Well I've had cats since I was a baby. I've had some wonderful pets over the years but there is something really unusual about my cats that I have today. Tigger and Bear think they are dogs.

Really, they think they are dogs.

I've never had cats who follow me around all day. If I head for the stairs to make a cup of tea, they are right behind me, tangled around my feet heading downstairs.

Tigger likes to roll over on his back and have you rub his belly. What cat really likes that?

But the funniest thing is how Tigger likes to snuggle up in my arm at night like a little puppy might. He puts his nose up against my chin and sleeps there all night.

What are some of the funny things your pets do to entertain you? I'd love to hear it from you.



2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way back when, I used to have a cat who was able to turn doorknobs and open doors. Whenever he heard an alarm clock, he'd rush to the scene to make sure you didn't have a chance to hit the snooze button.

Same cat used to admire his own reflection in the mirror.

My family has a Pekingese who acts like a cat - he rubs against walls and chair legs, curls up in a catlike manner, etc.

My parents have two Pugs (twin sisters) who, when seeing their reflection in a mirror or glass door, will bark at it, thinking it's another dog.

Finally, my uncle and aunt have a 10-year-old, 32-pound Maine Coon cat named Boo Boo Kitty who, despite being big enough to take up the entire recliner for himself, runs and scampers and chases things like a month-old kitten.

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Cathy Goodwin said...

My cats come to greet me when I come home, too. The 17-year old Tiger sleeps next to me all night. She has her own cushion so she'll leave my pillow (and hair) alone.

They're cute with the dog. Tiger likes to sit in Gracie's crate and hiss when Gracie tries to come in. They won't let the dog come near their food either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home