Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Feeling Overwhelmed by Email? Get it Under Control with this Great Tip

Since I speak all over the country and mentor entrepreneurs of all kinds, there is absolutely one common area that we all get overwhelmed around: EMAIL!!!!

There is more email received every day than letters we receive in our mailbox. No wonder it is overwhelming. Personally, I get over 500 emails daily (yes about 50% are some form of SPAM but even with good spam filters I'm still getting it!)

I ran across this article posted by a colleage on his blog (organizela.blogs) about how to get your inbox under control. Be sure to read it!
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/Careers/10/12/tidy.inbox/

I highly recommend using a tool such as Outlook to manage your emails.

I recommend setting up rules to auto-sort your common emails. I have folders set up to handle:
  • Clients
  • Ezines/Newsletters
  • Each of my assistants (I currently have 3)
  • Programs/Products
  • Finance/Bookkeeping
  • Personal Stuff
  • New Opportunities (for speaking, PR, Joint Ventures, etc.)

Then for each of my assistants, I have break it down as:

  • Delegated
  • In Process
  • Completed
  • Follow Up

When you get your email under control, your productivity will absolutely skyrocket. Which means -- you will have more time to focus on what is important to you. Need a good Outlook consultant? Check out www.softwaremagician.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home