Monday, June 04, 2007

Is there Such a Thing as Hobbies for the Entrepreneur?

Not so long ago I had a "smack-down" moment.

Have you ever seen the V-8 drink commercial when they smack their head and say "I should have had a V-8?" That is what it is like when I realize I've been missing something in my own "lifestyle success formula."

I realized I had not be nurturing my passions for the other things in life like hobbies.

Well I quickly decided to remedy that one. And what a fun thing to focus on right? So I thought I'd share a few of my hobbies and passions (they aren't always the same by the way) that get me OUT of my home office and into the pure joy of having fun.

1. Dancing.
I absolutely LOVE to dance. I haven't been doing it much lately. Between traveling and living kinda far away from the mainstream part of Los Angeles, I haven't had access to lessons or fun "age-appropriate" clubs. (I'm not too fond of the Hollywood night club scene.)

With the new wave of exposure that dancing has gotten with popular shows like So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With the Stars, my love of dance is sparked again. Here are a couple of video clips you might enjoy. Who knows...maybe you have the bug too?

This is a great Latin dance routine from two seasons ago:
http://tinyurl.com/22seqq

This is just a cool performance. My niece loved this music so much I had to buy it for her. =-)
http://tinyurl.com/ywngz8

2. Golf.

It doesn't get me going AS MUCH as dancing but I love to golf. Especially with my Dad and my step-mother. We have so much fun. Last year my brother came out for a family reunion and all 16 of us went golfing! That was a blast.

Here is a picture with my brother Keith, my Dad and me at my Dad's golf club in Phoenix.


3. Crafts.

I know, it sounds so "not like me." But I have always been into making things. I was always the one in my family every Christmas who took on some elaborate decorating project like making the whole family custom Santa Stockings or making wreaths. But for the last few years my business has taken over that creative expression. Yet...I still miss getting my hands into creating something from nothing.

So for my birthday this year my sister, mom and niece took me to make jewelery. I had so much fun I didn't want to stop. I made a beautiful silver and pink stone necklace and matching earrings. Don't have a picture yet...hope to remedy that soon! Suffice it to say this could easily become my new fun project!

What are some of YOUR hobbies and passions that stoke your creative juices? Not working, not making money...just for the sheer fun of it.

Share them here and I'm sure we will get some people inspired!



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Reiki Ranch said...

I like your success blog!

Thank you so much for allowing me to comment on it!

Keep up the great work!
I wish you baskets of success!

Taylore Vance, home business/prosperity expert, mentor and coach at Prosperity Tips Learn How You Can Triple Your Home Based Income� Income By Using Two Secret Words Online Opportunities and hundreds of job ideas.

 
At 2:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Most Entrepreneurs will make thier job itself a hobby for them. But, they do need a game or a play to relax and get rejunvanated. For a free online classes for new businessman please visit http://www.revenueblitz.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home